COLOMBO MEDICAL CONGRESS
The Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo is on the eve of reaching a historic celebration of its 150th year in 2020. Few medical schools have reached this extraordinary milestone and we have planned several exciting events during the year. As one of the oldest medical schools in Asia we are keen to celebrate this event with you.
To mark this event the faculty is organizing the Colombo Medical Congress 2020 academic conference and Medivision 2020 medical exhibition. The congress consists of a thought-provoking and rich academic program under three themes:
- A Legacy: Historical developments relating to health in Sri Lanka
- The Present: Current research interests in the Faculty
- Our Future: Advances, especially research advances by our alumni and former teachers
The institution which began as the Colombo Medical School has pioneered services, attempted to inculcate humane values in health professionals and consistently led in research. It is opportune to re-align priorities from a predominantly a teaching institution towards a more research and innovative institution. We hope this Congress will act as a stimulus in the transformation of our alma mater from distinctions in teaching to research excellence.
|INAUGURATION CEREMONY||MAIN CONFERENCE||BANQUET|
|Waters Edge, Battaramulla||Faculty of Medicine, Colombo||Cinnamon Lakeside, Colombo|
The Congress will celebrate the Faculty’s legendary past, present and future, from 12-15 February 2020 in the historic location in Kynsey Road. It is a collaboration between the Faculty and our alumni association the Colombo Medical School Alumni Association – COMSAA, and will hopefully be a regular event in the calendar of the Faculty of Medicine, Colombo. This historic event will have several components including Pre-conference Workshops, Plenaries, Guests Lectures, Seminars, Pre-formed panels, Oral Abstracts and Posters.
- Pre-congress Workshops
- Congress Pragramme
We have received more than 250 abstracts and the decisions will be informed to the authors soon.
Several excellent speakers most of whom are distinguished alumni have already confirmed participation to share their knowledge with us and open newer horizons for the future generations.
– Organizing Committee on behalf of the Faculty of Medicine and COMSAA
REASONS TO ATTEND COLOMBO MEDICAL CONGRESS 2020:
- Journey back to your academic roots and sentimental environs of your days in medical school
- Reflect on the contributions you and your alma mater has made to the development of health in Sri Lanka as well as globally.
- Reconnect with alumni, colleagues and experts who have excelled in their respective disciplines
- Meet experts from a range of disciplines and widen your horizons
- Expand your research and practice networks with colleagues
- Contribute to the evidence base for urban health policies and practice
|Faculty of Medicine||CoMSAA||Esoft||Institute of Multimedia Education||Lassana Flora|
|Medivision 2020 medical exhibition|