PRE-CONGRESS WORKSHOPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
HACKATHON – 13th February 2020
Designs related to Reverse Osmosis Water plants used in areas having chronic kidney disease of unknown aetiology – CKDu (RO plants) – Students
UNIVERSITY OF COLOMBO GLOBAL MEDICAL CHALLENGE
A grand medical quiz with international participation that will be held in the Faculty. This will become an annual event in the calendar.
12 FEB 2020 – WATER’S EDGE BATTARAMULLA
The following events are planned:
- Batch meetings
- Historic walks organized by the students and staff to visit the historic buildings linked to the Colombo Medical School.
- Nature walks in and around Colombo will be organized by the Wildlife and Nature Protection Society.
- The Congress will be the venue for regular music recitals by the talented students and staff of the Faculty. These will be held during the lunch and tea breaks.
- Visit to Sri Palee campus of the University of Colombo
- Awards Ceremony- Bus Stop Talks
GRAND FELICITATION CEREMONY
The Organizing Committee together with the alumni association (COMSAA) will have a felicitation ceremony for teachers and clinicians who have contributed to the faculty, its teaching hospitals or the health system in general.
15TH Feb 2020 Cinnomon Lake Side
Six parallel sessions are planned to accommodate 60+ Academic Sessions on a range of topics and 30+ lectures. The speakers are distinguished alumni, global experts, collaborating researchers and other invitees.
Each Academic Session has 3-4 lectures of 20 minutes each. The stand alone lectures are closely linked to the Sessions and are also of 20 minutes duration.