Colombo Medical Congress
Our Faculty is on the eve of reaching a historic celebration of its 150th year in 2020. Few medical schools have reached this extraordinary milestone and we have planned several exciting events during the year. As one of the oldest medical schools in Asia we are keen to celebrate this event with you.
To mark this event we wish to create a thought-provoking and rich academic program. The Congress has three themes:
- A Legacy: Historical developments relating to health in Sri Lanka
- The Present: Current research interests in the Faculty
- Our Future: Advances, especially research advances by our alumni and former teachers
|Inauguration Ceremony||Main Conference||Banquet|
|Waters Edge, Battaramulla||Faculty of Medicine, Colombo||Cinnamon Lakeside, Colombo|
The Congress will celebrate the Faculty’s legendary past, present and future, from 12-15 February 2020 in the historic location in Kynsey Road. It is a collaboration between the Faculty and our alumni association the Colombo Medical School Alumni Association – COMSAA, and will hopefully be a regular event in the calendar of the Faculty of Medicine, Colombo. This historic event will have several components including Pre-conference Workshops, Plenaries, Guests Lectures, Seminars, Pre-formed panels, Oral Abstracts and Posters.
- Pre-conference workshops: 3-4 hours, on 10th and 11th February 2020
- Guests lectures or plenaries: duration of 20 minutes, on 13-14-15th February 2020
- Panel discussions or Sessions on Specific topics: 3-4 speakers, total duration of 1.5 hours, on 13-14-15th February 2020
We have received more than 250 abstracts and the decisions will be informed to the authors soon.
Several excellent speakers most of whom are distinguished alumni have already confirmed participation to share their knowledge with us and open newer horizons for the future generations.
– Organizing Committee on behalf of the Faculty of Medicine and COMSAA
|Faculty of Medicine||CoMSAA||Esoft||Institute of Multimedia Education||Lassana Flora|